We could not complete our mission without our volunteers! Did you know that Habitat for Humanity of Marion County has only 1 part-time and 2 full-time employees? Everyone else is a volunteer!
Volunteer at our build sites!
Check out our calendar and current projects section of our website to find out when and where we are building or give us a call.
People 16 and older are welcome to show up at our building sites and volunteer. No need to pre-register. Just show up and fill out a form! Volunteers under 18 are not allowed to use power tools and must have a parent sign a release form.
Keep in mind that we may cancel our build day if the weather is bad. Cancellations will not be posted on this site.
Volunteer with your employer or organization!
- We encourage groups to volunteer together. We require group build days to be scheduled in advance, so please give us a call at 641-828-8844 or
Volunteer a skilled trade!
- Are you an electrician, plumber, or some other licensed professional who would like to donate your skill to helping Habitat? Have you worked construction and would like to supervise a volunteer crew? Give us a call at 641-828-8844 or
Volunteer to host coffee breaks and lunch for the crew!
- Contact our volunteer coordinator or the office (641-828-8844 or
) if you are interested in serving lunch and refreshments. Our crew has a coffee break around 10:00 AM and eats lunch around noon. Popular lunch items include sandwiches, salads, chips, desserts, lemonade, bottled water, and coffee.
Be a Family Sponsor!
- A family sponsor is a friend and supporter, a consistent contact for questions and concerns, an advocate and guide for the Partner family through the process of becoming a Habitat homeowner. Habitat has approved several new families as Partner Families for the next year. If you might be interested in being a sponsor for one or more families, please contact Lisa Houser at 641-828-8844 or
Volunteer for a leadership role!
Committees are a huge part of Habitat! If you are interested in being part of our committees, please contact us at 641-828-8844 or
. Volunteers are needed for the following committees:
- Building Committee
- Responsible for planning and implementing the construction projects of the corporation. In cooperation with the Project Manager, the tasks to be directed by this committee shall include obtaining house plans, soliciting professional help and donations of building materials, coordinating volunteers, and supervising construction.
- Family Selection Committee
- Responsible for drafting the selection criteria and application forms, screening applications, interviewing applicants, and recommending applicants to the Board of Directors for approval as prospective homeowners.
- Community Development Committee
- Responsible for educating and informing the public of our mission. Also responsible for coordinating the raising of funds needed to conduct the business of the corporation.
- Site Selection / Property Management Committee
- Responsible for investigating and researching the availability of property, and recommending property to the Board of Directors for acquisition. Also responsible for maintaining and preparing the land until it is sold.
- Family Support Committee
- Responsible for providing Habitat homeowners and prospective homeowners with a mutual support system, education opportunities, and a forum for discussions pertaining to home ownership and maintenance, all for the purpose of helping families to break the poverty cycle and become independent.